- If you already downloaded the theme after you first purchased it, you may have a file called something like “themeforest-35460294-himer.zip“. If that is the case be sure to extract the zip file, and inside it browse to himer-child-theme.zip. The himer-child-theme.zip file is the one you want to upload to WordPress.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Themes >> Add new.
- Click on the ‘Upload Theme’ button, and upload the new version zip file like you would upload any new theme zip file.
- Once the file has uploaded, to activate Himer Child Theme go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and click the Activate button, or just click on the Activate link.
- If you want to add custom CSS code, check this article.
- Copy the file that you want to customize to the child theme, with the same path in the main Himer theme, for example, if you want to make an edit on the footer template that located in Himer > includes > footer-code.php.
Or if you want to edit a file in the root folder of the main theme, copy this file to the root folder of the child theme.