You can install the theme in two ways: through WordPress or via FTP. Before you can install Himer, you need to download the necessary theme files from your ThemeForest account.
Downloading Himer Theme Files From ThemeForest
- If you already downloaded the theme after you first purchased it, you may have a file called something like “themeforest-35460294-himer.zip“. If that is the case be sure to extract the zip file, and inside it browse to himer.zip. The himer.zip file is the one you want to upload to WordPress.
- If you did not download the theme after purchase, then you will want to log into ThemeForest and go to your “Downloads” and download the “Installable WordPress file only” zip file.
How To Install Himer via WordPress
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Themes >> Add new.
- Click on the ‘Upload Theme’ button, and upload the new version zip file like you would upload any new theme zip file.
- If you’ve downloaded the installable WordPress file, then you do not need to unzip the file. If you’ve downloaded the Full Theme Package, you have to unzip the master themeforest-35460294-himer.zip file, you will see the himer.zip file, this is the one you select to install.
- Click ‘Choose File’ and select the himer.zip file.
- Once the file has uploaded, to activate Himer go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and click the Activate button, or just click on the Activate link.
How To Install Himer using FTP
- Log into your server installation via FTP. You can use software such as Filezilla for this.
- If you have downloaded the Full Theme Package from ThemeForest, please unzip the master themeforest-35460294-himer.zip file and then unzip the himer.zip file which will give a Himer folder.
- Upload the extracted Himer folder to the wp-content > themes folder on the server. Make sure the folder name is -> ‘himer’.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Themes and clicking the ‘Activate’ button, for the Himer theme.